10-25 hrs a week, Evenings and Weekends required
Must be 21 years of age.
We are looking for a friendly, outgoing team member that is skilled in customer service.
The Tasting Room Staff’s primary responsibilities are to deliver a friendly customer experience in the tasting room, while ensuring that all transactions are accurate and error free. This position will also include event management and communication responsibilities. The Tasting Room Staff is responsible for ensuring that customers have a positive and memorable experience at Bar Z Winery.
No prior knowledge of wine is necessary, but applicants need to be willing to sample and learn about wine in order to educate our customers.
- Greeting customers promptly and courteously
- Guiding customers to wines they enjoy
- Setting up and cleaning up daily operations and special events
- Stocking wine and retail merchandise in the tasting room
- Accurately performing daily wine inventory and money handling procedures
- Assisting with wine production when needed
This position requires you to obtain a TABC certification upon being hired.
Job Description Details:
- Excellent people skills; able to project a friendly and helpful manner at all times
- Able to perform quality work efficiently with minimal supervision
- Able to be responsive and flexible at last minute requests
- Greets all visitors to the winery and pours wines for tasting
- Effectively suggests and sells wine to customers
- Assists customers with transporting wine to their vehicles
- Describes wines and winery history to customers
- Answers visitor’s questions and able to provide general tourist information
- Open to working and assisting with special events after hours if needed
- Open to working other special events off property when needed
- Handles routine purchasing transactions, which include operating cash register
- Acquires and maintains thorough knowledge of winery and our wines
- Work in a team environment and open to performing other duties as assigned by Manager
- Able to work a flexible schedule
- High school diploma required
- Retail experience a plus
- Professional appearance and demeanor
- Able to lift at least 40 pounds
- Must be able to stand, walk, lift and bend for up to 8 hours a day
- Weekends, holidays and evenings required