Part Time Pay Range $10/hr
20-40 hrs a week, Occasional Evenings and Weekends
Under immediate supervision by their shift Manager and Vintner the Seasonal Winery Worker performs various duties within the winery. The Seasonal Winery Worker performs a variety of general laboring activities, including sanitation, janitorial and maintenance. The Seasonal Winery Worker position is the entry level into many of the Winery’s Production Department hourly positions.
- Cleans and sanitizes areas of the Winery using liquid chlorine dioxide, water hoses, brooms, and shovels.
- Cleans and sanitizes interior of tanks and hoses using caustic based chemicals, or liquid chlorine dioxide.
- Cleans and sanitizes exterior of equipment using liquid chlorine dioxide and brushes.
- Operates forklift if properly trained to do so, to transport trash, pallets etc
- Required at times to climb to elevated heights of forty (40) feet, for jobs located on the tank tops.
- Operate tractor/ trailer or dump truck, if properly trained to do so, to dispose of solid material to the ranch site.
- With proper safety training, use caustic solution to remove tartrate material from refrigeration equipment.
- Move portable pumps that are attached to 4-wheel carts.
- Mix chemical treatments or fining agents.
- Sluice tanks using 1″ or 2″ sluice hoses.
- Take gauges on tank levels by bottom or top gauging methods.
- Build hose line ups utilizing pumps for product transfer, tank cleaning, or treatments.
- Remove and install tank top manhole covers and tank fans made of solid or expanded metal.
- Wash the exterior of tanks using chemical cleaning solution.
- Use steam cleaner or high pressure cleaner to clean filter, filter leafs, and other equipment.
- Clean restrooms using mop and sanitizing cleaners and perform all associated janitorial functions.
- Empty trash cans.
- Clean cooling towers.
- Clean Entire Winery floors, windows etc. weekly.
- Add sulfur dioxide to the product as needed, if properly trained to do so.
- Aids with set up for events, exterior landscaping and trash collection etc.
- Maintains satisfactory attendance, to include timeliness.
- Responsible for understanding and complying with applicable quality, environmental and safety regulatory consideration.
- This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Required to be at least 18 years of age
- Required to work any shift
- Required to lift up to 60 pounds